Subject: Re: Other qubes, raqs (actually, hard drive question)
To: Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schultz@comcast.net>
From: Pete Rushmere <pete@rushmere.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/24/2004 15:48:45
Chris,

         All the drives are INTERNAL!

         This is something my brother Bryan and I have been working on over
the last couple of weeks. There are some pictures at www.rushmere.net -
click on the "Project TeraQube" link. We figured if Shon could use two
drives, we could do better! This way, the OS is on a seperate drive if
anything should go wrong. The whole unit is powered by a replacement power
supply at 5 amps, and considering the tightly packed internals, the Qube
actually runs very cool....

         Note that the PCI IDE controller card must be at least an
Ultra100/TX2 from Promise, anything less does not support LBA48 drives
through the pciide driver with NetBSD 1.6.1

         The above site is hosted on my brother's Qube, as he has a DSL
connection - I don't....

Kind Regards,
Pete.