Subject: Qube failing to thrive after power outage
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/24/2004 23:27:32
So, we had a loss of power here.  Qube 2 w/ 1.6.1 is on a UPS, power
ran out, UPS lasted a while then went flat, the Qube was shut off
rudely as a result.  I then turned off the UPS and disconnected it
until main power came back on.

Qube will start to boot, hangs on fsck for >1day.  Console output shows
yes something is output at cold boot, but it's garbage (!).  I've got 8
N 1 9600 set and tried everything else- all terminal modes (TTY, ANSI
etc) I've made console output work before...  I've got the LCD panel
output displayed so it quits updating pretty early even in a normal
bootup.

If I hold the 2 keys I can get it to ask for netboot; I don't wish to
lose my stuff though.   Can I put this drive in a Win98 box and ghost
the contents or something (not sure about accessiing the filesystem).

What symptoms result from failing Qube PS?

Help appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian