Subject: DISK I/O Performance of Qube2
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: None <m.wiesinger@mobilkom.at>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/24/2004 19:22:24
Hello,

I have a question concerning the IDE disk I/O performance of a Cobalt Qube2:
I've recently installed my Qube2 with NetBSD 1.6.1 using the wonderful and
perfect working Rescue-CD. I replaced the old original disk drive (slow and
loud 4,3 Gigabytes) with a new Hitachi 160GB IDE Drive and reinstalled it.
In a addition to a lot of more storage, I expected more disk performance but
unfortunately there was no speed increase at all to notify. I still have ~
2,5mb/sec up to 3mb/sec of disk throughput maximum.
I've got 32MB of RAM installed, could this be an issue? But it's very hard
to get some PS/2 EDO SIMMs here in austria at all. Maybe there is anyone
from Austria/Germany around who knows where to get suitable RAM for a Qube2?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Manuel