Subject: RE: New to Qube and NetBSD --- A couple of questions...
To: 'port-cobalt@NetBSD.ORG' <port-cobalt@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Fisher, Dave (IBM) <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/19/2004 15:20:18

Congrats and welcome!

> What files do I need to edit so everything is working
> after the Qube is rebooted?

edit /etc/ifconfig.tlp0 and add "inet netmask"
and add a line to /etc/rc.conf with "defaultroute="

> 2) I would like to turn the Qube into a MP3 jukebox.

No idea about soundcards, sorry.

> 3) I edited passwd to load a different shell (bash) for
> users.  However, when logging back into the box, it
> doesn't seem to read the passwd file. Probably a very
> easy question, but what is the process to get another
> shell loaded at login time?

Bash isn't installed by the CD, so first you have to install another shell
"setenv PKG_PATH |
pkg_add -v bash" then mod the user and run the shell (saves logging off)
"usermod -s /usr/pkg/bin/bash <username> | /usr/pkg/bin/bash"

> Much thanks for any assistance.

We aim to please ! :)

p.s. I got most of my (admittedly limited) knowledge from an excellent guide
written by Andreas Fuchs on this list. Find it here: