Subject: Re: LKM on Cobalt Qube2 Not enough room for program headers
To: Jowell, Chris {GGRP~Graz} <chris.jowell@Roche.COM>
From: Alistair Munro <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/19/2004 13:37:53
Hi Chris,

I guess you fixed the other errors that you sent me - I thought they might
be due to an incomplete kernel rebuild, or some platform specific bug in
the Makefiles or ifdef's in the Cobalt/Qube branch in arch.

> Now the error during boot changed from
> 'Mppe.o: modload: /dev/lkm: Device not configured'

Did you make sure all the declarations of the LKM major number were changed
when you rebuilt the kernel?

> Mmpe.o: ld: /usr/pkg/lkm/mppe.o: Not enough room for program headers
> (allocated 3, need 4)
> Ld: finallink failed: Bad value
> Modload: can't prelink 'usr/pkg/lkm/mppe.o' creating '/usr/pkg/lkm/mppe'

I had this in 1.5 for the sbmips, and it was fixed in 1.6. I also fixed it
for 1.5 but my notes don't say how. I'll see if I can track down the fixes
for 1.5.

There is very little about this in the archives as you have discovered

Alistair Munro,
Principal Engineer, U4EA Technologies Ltd.
City Point, Temple Gate, Bristol, BS1 6PL, U.K.
Tel: (work) +44-117-373-6765, (home) +44-1275-462707, (mobile)
Fax: +44-117-373-6751