Subject: ISC dhcp server on the cobalt qube 2
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <cd.30.chris94561@spamgourmet.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/24/2004 15:47:51
  I'm currently trying to compile the ISC DHCP server found at
(http://isc.org/sw/dhcp/) from source but for unfortunately I'm running
into some problems. Obviously this is possible since the dhcpd binary that
comes on the NetBSD rescue disk is the isc server. Here is the compile
error.

gcc -g  -I/share/projects/dhcp/dhcp-3.0pl2
-I/share/projects/dhcp/dhcp-3.0pl2/includes -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wno-unused -Wno-comment  -Wno-uninitialized -Werror
-Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual  -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wconversion -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wmissing-declarations
-Wnested-externs  -pipe    -c parse.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
parse.c: In function `parse_lease_time':
parse.c:425: warning: passing arg 1 of `ntohl' as unsigned due to
prototype
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /share/projects/dhcp/dhcp-3.0pl2/work.netbsd/common

This error doesn't come up on the Linux compile. Best I can tell time_t
is signed on both systems. Why the warning? I know this is relatively
minor and I can remove "-Werror" to avoid it but I'd like some clarity.
The ISC people are fairly adamant that their server works on NetBSD.

Is there something particular about the cobalt NetBSD? Linux is my home
turf for programming so I'm sort of at a loss. Is there a patch I should
be aware of?

Chris