Subject: Re: Using restore CDs
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Ian McGillivray <ian@mcgillivrays.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/18/2004 09:23:46
I was spying on the install itself.

Anyway I have now cracked it with what seems like a tricky one for newcomer.

Basically with my (Maxtor) drive the restore CD won't load unless you remove
all the jumpers from the drive (which would normally make it a slave).
However, once installed the firmware loader won't find the drive unless you
then put a jumper on the drive to configure it as a master. Have cracked
that all is fine.

Weird but true.

ian