Subject: Re: Using restore CDs
To: Anthony Cooper <anthony.cooper@mac.com>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/07/2004 07:09:53
On Wednesday, April 7, 2004, at 05:27 AM, Anthony Cooper wrote:

> I have thought of buying a serial cable to check out the output when
> the Qube boots but being a mac user I'm not too sure about terminal
> programs on Windows that would be suitable for this.

That's the next step.  HyperTerm comes with most Windows flavors that
I've used, and is all you need.

Once you see why it is hanging it should not be too bad to get it
going.  Did you find the nice "how-to" FAQ posted on this list in
Jan(?) of this year?  That is a good checklist.  Also you don't say you
are using the Qube-specific install .iso that Dennis built; there are a
couple references to that in the lsit archives from about that time as
well.  If you aren't using that .iso, you should give it a try- I think
the regular one had issues with Qubes.

Brian