Subject: Re: Compatible SCSI cards
To: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/26/2004 18:11:59
On Friday, March 26, 2004, at 03:57 PM, Matt Dainty wrote:

> My Qube is currently running 1.6.1 GENERIC. Is this a symptom of the
> PCI
> slot or is this a known problem? I've seen reference to this problem on
> other BSD's on different hardware, but no real fix apart from
> termination. I've tried fitting an external terminator, no joy.

I get the same thing with SCSI enabled in the 1.6.1 kernel on a Qube 2;
using a different yet supported (by Cobalt anyway) card.  I've been
meaning to put a Real Drive on there but have not got to that yet.
Perhaps this weekend... but I've said that before...

I kept the SCSI enabled file around but am using one without SCSI
support for now, something disconcerting about seeing "previous message
repeated 1000 times" on the root... :)