Subject: Re: installing X11
To: NetBSD/cobalt <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Andreas Yankopolus <andreas@yank.to>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/23/2004 04:25:00
Owen,

> Do I have to compile from source (I'd rather not on the Qube)?

Yes.

> Can anyone help me with getting X installed?

Grab the source code for X11 from
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/xsrc/{file}
where {file} is contrib.tar.gz, local.tar.gz, top-level.tar.gz,
xc.tar.gz, and xfree.tar.gz. These files contain an X11 source tree
customized for NetBSD. Expand it into /usr, this will creat a /usr/xsrc
directory. Switch to /usr/xsrc and type "make build" (I think this is
the correct command but I don't have the NetBSD guide handy).
Compilation will take many hours.

-Andreas