Subject: installing X11
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Owen Watson <owen@whitesquare.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/21/2004 18:29:25
Hi,

I have installed NetBSD on my Qube 2 from Denis' excellent restore CD, and
it seems to be working fine.

However I thought it would be useful to have a basic X windows installation
on the Qube, and thought I would install one from pkgsrc.

This is where I have a problem...

There doesn't seem to be an X server package for the Qube. I have looked in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.6/cobalt/All/ and although there
are several X packages none of them appear to be the X server.
Do I have to compile from source (I'd rather not on the Qube)?

Can anyone help me with getting X installed?

Cheers,

Owen