Subject: general setup fun
To: cobalt <port-cobalt@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joe Pribele <jpribele@sympatico.ca>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/08/2004 23:53:40
thanks to everyone's help I seem to be getting further in the setup of my
qube.

I have apache running thanks to David Ablert kudos.

I have a few issues I am working on if anyone knows the answers or can point
me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.
You'll get a gold star :)

On my list of things to do is setup file sharing or the bsd equivalent
(samba?), so I can copy files to the qube from my pc.

figure out why on my network the hostname doesn't resolve to an ip ?
ping qube //doesn't work
ping 192.168.0.2 works

get php installed. I am working on this one at the moment there doesn't seem
to be a pre-built php package on
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.6/cobalt/All

so I trying to build it from source and I am getting this error

make: "/usr/pkgsrc/www/php4/../../www/php4/Makefile.common" line 35: Could
not find ../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk
make: "/usr/pkgsrc/www/php4/Makefile" line 28: Malformed conditional
(${OPSYS} == "NetBSD" && ${OBJECT_FMT} == "ELF")
make: "/usr/pkgsrc/www/php4/Makefile" line 28: Need an operator
make: "/usr/pkgsrc/www/php4/Makefile" line 30: if-less endif
make: "/usr/pkgsrc/www/php4/Makefile" line 30: Need an operator
make: "/usr/pkgsrc/www/php4/Makefile" line 49: Could not find
../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk
make: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/www/php4

sincerely
joe (noob)