Subject: Re: Compatible SCSI cards
To: ian <cobalt@minimal.cx>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/07/2004 15:34:30
On Sunday, March 7, 2004, at 02:40 PM, ian wrote:

> On 7 Mar 2004, at 18:41, Matt Dainty wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
> Hello,
>
>> Just a quick one, are there any simple SCSI cards that are known to be
>> electrically compatible with the Qube PCI slot?
>>
> I've not found the answer to this yet, either.

I'm not sure what "simple" means :)

The "QubeQuorner" FAQ lists several models of older card that work with
the CobaltOS in the Qube, per my post the other week I've got one
installed and a kernel compiled under NetBSD but it produces a constant
mesg which may or may not be normal.  I thought I had time to actually
put a drive on there this weekend but it is not going to happen.

The FAQ is at <http://weblogs.userland.com/qube/faq/> and the SCSI card
question is the very last one. YES it talks about  Cobalt driver
support but it has to be compatible hardware, whether there is NetBSD
support or not it's hard to research, the SCSI compatibilty of NetBSD
isn't documented readily anywhere I looked, more info is available
about compatible tape drives etc than PCI card models.

HTH.

Brian