Subject: 2700 install - update
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Spam Sucks <spamsux9999@yahoo.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/24/2004 13:53:43
--0-744758761-1074981223=:53329

Chuey and I spent the better part of the morning trying to get NetBSD installed on his 2700.  The problem is that it won't netboot, and the NIC LED doesn't light up (though when we tried the original Cobalt OS HD, it worked fine).

Attempt 1: we put his HD in my Qube2 and did a standard 1.6.1 netboot install using the restoreCD.  That worked fine in the qube2, but when we put the drive back in the 2700, it didn't do much at all (NIC LED stayed dark).

Note: When we put the HD back into the qube2, NetBSD refused to load.

Attempt 2: thinking that the problem might be the kernel, we did a reinstall off the 1.6.1 disks from the qube2, and then copied the raq1 kernels from the image_raq1 restore CD onto /altroot/boot, synced, and shutdown.  When we put the drive into the 2700, we didn't get as far as we had the first time: not only did the NIC LED fail to light, the front LED kept blinking on and off.

Has *anyone* gotten NetBSD working on a 2700?  If so, what model of Tulip-based NIC do you have, and would you be willing to share your kernel?

Thanks,

S.

--0-744758761-1074981223=:53329

<DIV>Chuey and I spent the better part of the morning trying to get NetBSD installed on his 2700.&nbsp; The problem is that it won't netboot, and the NIC LED doesn't light up (though when we tried the&nbsp;original Cobalt OS HD, it worked fine).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Attempt 1: we put his HD in my Qube2 and did a standard 1.6.1 netboot install using the restoreCD.&nbsp; That worked fine in the qube2, but when we put the drive back in the 2700, it didn't do much at all (NIC LED stayed dark).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Note: When we put the HD back into the qube2, NetBSD refused to load.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Attempt 2: thinking that the problem might be the kernel, we did a reinstall off the 1.6.1 disks from the qube2, and then copied the raq1 kernels from the image_raq1 restore CD onto /altroot/boot, synced, and shutdown.&nbsp; When we put the drive into the 2700, we didn't get as far as we had the first time: not only did the NIC LED fail to light, the front LED kept blinking on and off.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Has *anyone* gotten NetBSD working on a 2700?&nbsp; If so, what model of Tulip-based NIC do you have, and would you be willing to share your kernel?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>S.</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>