Subject: Re: USB support in Qube2 again
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Andreas Fuchs <fox@tcnet.ch>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/24/2004 07:30:25
>> Trying to get an Adaptec USB2 PCI card running in my Qube2
>>
>> uhci0 at pci0 dev 9 function 2: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB
>> Controller (rev. 0x02)
>>
>> NEC USB Host Controller (USB serial bus, interface 0x20, revision
>> 0x02) at pci0 dev 10 function 2 not configured

>Are you sure that this is your USB card, and not the "USB >Device" that's
>built-into the Qube2? For instance, I don't have any PCI >card installed,
>yet I get a message on bootup that says I have a USB host
>controller
>which is "not configured".

>Just making sure it's actually detecting your add-in card, >and not just
>failing to work with the built-in stuff.

The VIA VTxxx is the internal USB controller
The NEC USB is the added one in the PCI slot

i did now recompile the kernel with:

#ehci*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Enhanced Host Controller
ohci*   at pci? dev 10 function 0        # Open Host Controller

so the VIA is not configured
and for the NEC it uses just function 0, this way i get no mem map errors.

will start testing now.