Subject: USB support in Qube2 again
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Andreas Fuchs <fox@tcnet.ch>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/23/2004 23:58:01
Hi

Trying to get an Adaptec USB2 PCI card running in my Qube2

I added the following to my kernel config:

# USB Controller and Devices

# PCI USB controllers
# The EHCI is not ready for prime time.
#ehci*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Enhanced Host Controller
ohci*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Open Host Controller
uhci*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Universal Host Controller (Intel)

# USB bus support
#usb*   at ehci?
usb*    at ohci?
usb*    at uhci?

# USB Hubs
uhub*   at usb?
uhub*   at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?

# USB Generic driver
ugen*   at uhub? port ?

# USB Mass Storage
umass*  at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
atapibus* at umass? channel ?
scsibus* at umass? channel ?

And i added include "dev/usb/files.usb"
to files.cobalt

kernel compiles and boot but shows this in dmesg:

uhci0 at pci0 dev 9 function 2: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller (rev. 0x02)
uhci0: can't map i/o space
ohci0 at pci0 dev 10 function 0: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x41)
ohci0: interrupting at irq 9
ohci0: OHCI version 1.0
usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: NEC OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ohci1 at pci0 dev 10 function 1: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x41)
ohci1: can't map mem space
NEC USB Host Controller (USB serial bus, interface 0x20, revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 10 function 2 not configured

I think i have to apply some patches, but i do not fully understand where to get them and how to apply them.

Andreas