Subject: Include path problems
To: NetBSD/cobalt <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Andreas Yankopolus <andreas@yank.to>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/19/2004 07:58:40
I'm attempting to install BitTorrent on my Qube 2 and running into all
sorts of path and library problems with the dependencies. Installing
XFree86 from source and popping up xterms via VNC wasn't a problem at
all.

On my first few attempts, compilation broke down on py-wXwindows,
apparently due to problems with the installation of gtk and pango. For
example, when compiling py-wXwindows, src/helpers.cpp complains about a
missing file gtk/gtk.h. Turns out that this file exists in the
directory /usr/pkg/include/gtk-2.0/gtk. The next complaint concerned
gdk/gdkprivate.h, which actually exists in
/usr/pkg/include/gtk-2.0/gdk. Creating symbolic links from
/usr/pkg/include/gtk-2.0/gtk to /usr/pkg/include/gtk and
/usr/pkg/include/gtk-2.0/gdk to /usr/pkg/include/gdk just gets
compilation a bit further along before it failed due to similar
problems.

In the mean time, pkgsrc had been updated. Replacing /usr/pkgsrc with
the files in the latest version resulted in compilation failure during
the .configure step in wxGTK due to missing OpenGL and Mesa libraries.
A check indicated that Mesa had been installed and its libraries were
present. I didn't find an ldconfig binary in /sbin or anywhere else, so
I restarted the machine and tried again. Same error.

The next step involved removing all installed packages, expanding a
fresh pkgsrc, and trying again. This time the compilation failed
earlier in the process with freetype, complaining that an argument list
was too long: "make: exec(/bin/sh) failed (Argument list too long)".

I'm running NetBSD installed via the restore CD on a Qube 2 with 192MB
of memory. My custom kernel indicates NetBSD 1.6.2_RC4.

Anyone have an in idea on what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Andreas