Subject: Re: HOWTO install NetBSD 1.6.1 on a Cobalt Qube2 PREVIEW
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/17/2004 00:18:39

>> 	patch -p1 < /sys/arch/cobalt/conf/hd44780.diff
>> 	cd -
>
> I believe that with the 1.6.1 kernel, this patch is unnecessary.
>
> If you've compiled 1.6.1 from source and your panel isn't working,
> make sure you have the following device:
>
> # ls -l /dev/panel
> crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  36, 0 Jan  8 15:29 /dev/panel
>
> and that your /etc/paneld.conf references /dev/panel instead of
> /dev/lcd
>
> -chris

I didn't see this until just now; I just recompiled my kernel to
support netatalk and PPP, without SCSI (at least until I get a drive
hooked on) and I had to apply this patch in order to be able to boot
from the new kernel (it would compile etc OK, but boot would fail at
the panel dev call).  1.6.1.

I don't have a /dev/panel and have no idea where to find one :)

Brian