Subject: was Re: 1.6.1 on Qube - Terminal geek stuff.
To: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
From: john allan <jallan@freeuk.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/15/2004 06:20:21
> 6) What the heck is the name of a vt100 shell "GUI" using vt100 cursor
> positioning, that I can't recall the name of?  I've seen a couple in
> use but...=20

NSCA Telnet if you are using Classic Mac.

Terminal if you are using OS X. There are a few others, check
versiontracker.com.

Any " terminal " application with the preference set to VT100 pretty much.

I don=B9t do Windows at all. Cant use that ugly DOS " thing " to do it?

[ never understood why Microsoft did not get that things could be petty and
functional too ].

I use a an old black and white 68k Powerbook running OS 7 to Telnet or SSH
in with the entire System and Application in a RAM disk.

It is a really nice set up. Completely silent as you do not need to spin th=
HD at all. Basically a portable thin client.

Thoroughly recommending setting one up; basically zero cost, no one wants
them any more. And it means you are not distracted by big box noise when yo=
bang your head against the BSD wall.

You can sit and bed and do it, they feel comfortable ... and look pretty

Recommend the 500 Series for its built in ethernet.

John