Subject: Samba 3
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schultz@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/12/2004 20:02:07
All,
I recently invested the 36 hours it takes to compile Samba 3.0.1 on my
16MB Qube 2 (is it done yet? is it done yet?). The configure and compile
went swimmingly, if you don't count the mind-numbingly long time it took.

However, I have been unable to connect to it as of yet. I have a number
of hosts my my home network running either Windows 2000/XP or Linux and
they all happily talk to one another. I am running Samba 2.2.x
successfully on my Linux hosts, and my Qube's configuration closely
matches those correectly-configured machines.

I've tried connecting locally using the 'smbclient' command-line
program, but I get the following message when I use the correct password
for my user:

root@:/etc/samba$ /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -U chris //Qube/chris
Password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I have even configured this user to have no password and tried again.
This time, I get a similar message, but at least I know that the
password isn't a problem:

root@:/etc/samba$ /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -U chris //Qube/chris
Password:
Anonymous login successful
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
root@:/etc/samba$

Before I go to the Samba folks asking for help, I'm wondering if anyone
has gotton Samba 3.0.x working on their Qube, and possibly has any
configuration tips.

Thanks in advance,
-chris