Subject: NetBSD 1.6.1 on Qube2 booted
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/10/2004 18:32:32
I think I've successfully got 1.6.1 booting from Dennis's boot CD, on a
Qube 2.    Sort of.

I have a Qube 2 wth 128 RAM, I was stuck a little at first with a
hangup at "starting up..."; hooking a serial cable up, I saw a bsd
failure.

I read Christophers' recent post about fixing a new bootloader if you
have small RAM; but with 128 I should be OK.

I doubled cheked the drive jumpers after reading the instructions that
displayed during the net install; sure enough, switching the HD jumper
to "single" drive, not Master, got the kernal booting. (Yves,  you
might wish to check this too).

Message being displayed now is a whole lot of   "ahc0: data parity
error detected during address or write phase"

but I can login.  I assume that's being popped up by fsck since I have
a brand new 60 gig drive installed and some partitions aren't formatted
yet?  but I haven't yet done more than logged in to make sure something
was accepting telnet connections (it's up!).  If this is telling me
something unusual please let me know.

I need to RTFM a little and make sure the thing is secured before I put
it on the net; is there a checklist somewhere for this install of what
needs closed down?  I have an idea for RedHat...

Thanks for the nice .iso;

Brian