Subject: Re: USB support in Qube2?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schultz@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/07/2004 22:34:12
All,

>>Is USB support a matter of pulling in
>>configuration parameters from one of the other files (e.g.,
>>arch/i386/GENERIC), or is there something funky about the Qube that
>>prevents the use of a USB card?
>
> In theory it should go plain road...

I've always been intrigued by this message in my dmesg:

	VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller (USB serial bus,
	revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 9 function 2 not configured

I also got this when I used to have the original Linux installed:

$ cat /proc/pci

   Bus  0, device   9, function  2:
     USB Controller: VIA Technologies VT 82C586 Apollo USB (rev 2).
       Medium devsel.  Master Capable.  Latency=22.
       I/O at 0x300.

Anyone know anything about this? I'd love to hack the hardware if it
wouldn't be too damaging.

-chris