Subject: Re: Another Newbie trying to install on a Qube2700
To: Lucien Wells <lwells@bigpond.net.au>
From: Shon <mindphunked@yahoo.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/23/2003 11:33:49
Hey Lucien,

you should be able to attach your qube's drive to a PC
or other host system and boot into netbsd (from a
repair / rescue CD) and use that system to prepare the
qube drive.

I've never played with a 2700 so you may have other
issues running BSD (NIC drivers?) but I've prepared a
drive for my Qube2 this way and it worked well. Most
of the info you need is in the FAQ, but basically it
just involves partitioning/labeling the drive and
extracting the NetBSD port/cobalt sets onto the drive,
then popping it into the Qube and tweaking a few
files.

Hope this helps!