Subject: Re: Another Newbie trying to install on a Qube2700
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/23/2003 16:30:12
Henning Schmiedehausen hps@intermeta.de asked;

> There was some talk on this list about a fix in the PCI code / interrupt
> routing in -current but as I have no other NetBSD box handy I'm not able
> to cross-compile a new kernel myself.
>
> So: Is there any hope for me or must I wait until the next BSD release
> and that some kind soul will again provide install disks for the Qube?

Yes, you can expect NetBSD for Q2700.   I'm another 2700 owner who
managed to get it for free years ago.   After unreasonable burdens of
console-less computer, I abandoned and left the bran' new computer in
the shipment container.

A few weeks ago I went to local com shop and found to acquire a serial
PCI card.  It has NetMos (now NetChip) 9865 chip inside, and I'm pretty
hopeful to make it right /dev/console.  PLS look at dev/pci/puccn.c for
reference.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology