Subject: Failure compiling GCC 3.2.1
To: NetBSD/cobalt <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Andreas Yankopolus <andreas@yank.to>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/14/2003 11:02:30
I'm trying to install GCC 3.2.1 via pkgsrc on my Qube. Pkgsrc takes
care of the dependencies (binutils, etc) without a hitch, but
compilation of gcc-3.2.1 fails during the configure script for
mipsel--netbsd/libstdc++-v3 when it announces:

checking for object suffix... configure: error: installation or
configuration problem; compiler does not work

Other than the packages installed by the restore CD and the
dependencies for gcc-3.2.1, the only other thing I've installed on my
Qube is cpuflags-0.59.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Andreas