Subject: reduce heat (was: Re: random lockups)
To: NetBSD/cobalt <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Andre Schulze <as8@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/12/2003 10:19:20
Am Thu den 11 Dec 2003 um 06:38:52PM -0800 schrieb Byron Servies:
> On Dec 11, 2003, at 2:08 PM, Matt Dainty wrote:
>
> >It's a bit hard to get my hand in there, but the CPU does feel quite
> >toasty, I can't keep my fingers on it for more than a few seconds.
>
> If you can still touch it at all, it's not too hot.

A cheap trick to reduce heat inside the qube without a running fan
is to remove the "roof" part of the blue plastic body and the
U shaped metal cover.
The plastic part is just clicked onto the body part of the blue
case. When gently pressing the case the upper part can be released
thus you have a qube with better natural air circulation.
My qube stands up in the book shelf so that i only rarely look at
the missing top.

JFYI,

	andre