Subject: Re: random lockups
To: NetBSD/cobalt <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/11/2003 22:08:32
--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr

* Alex Nee <hard__ware@dynamicaccess.biz> [2003-12-11 12:41:43]:
> I think it is really ...
>=20
> I checked that today .. it is defently running hot
>=20
> but this place is hot where ever you are ...
>=20
> Time for better air cons i think ... =3DP

You could be right.

I'm currently running my Qube with the lid off, and I'm managing to get
far more data on than with the lid fitted. It's crashed once after about
3GB was transferred, but I restarted immediately afterwards and so far
got at least a further 4GB+ on again.

It's a bit hard to get my hand in there, but the CPU does feel quite
toasty, I can't keep my fingers on it for more than a few seconds.

Would a heatsink held on with some epoxy resin/glue be any use? Anyone
done anything like this?

Matt
--=20
"Never rub another man's rhubarb."