Subject: Re: Random lockups
To: NetBSD/cobalt <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/11/2003 13:41:58
--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

* Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net> [2003-12-11 13:21:29]:
> In message <20031211131524.GA29861@fsr.mw.tu-dresden.de>Andre Schulze wri=
tes
> >A diskless Indigo2 using the cobalt box as nfs server got NetBSD to=20
> >crash reproducable. But this problem can't be the reason for the
> >crashes/lockups because they also occour with samba or even netcat.
> >
> >Maybe it could be worth trying to use a NIC in the PCI slot instead of
> >the onboard tulip chips and look what's happening?
>=20
> I've also seen very reproducable crashes with ttcp on NetBSD-current.
> It looks to me like there were some VM issues with zero-copy TCP on
> the Cobalt, but that's just a guess.  I never had the time to really
> track this down.

Well, if it helps at all, my Qube is currently idle as I haven't had
chance to 'deploy' it, as it were. So I'm happy to try swapping NICs and
whatnot in and out to try and narrow this down. Until NFS works for
whatever reason, my Qube is largely spare.

Are there any cards that should work in Qube-space? I have some 3Com
3C980-TX's about somewhere, one of them work okay?

Matt
--=20
"I never deal with the common man. The common man has no spirituality.
The common man thinks that Ganesha is Dennis the Menace's dog."

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx--