Subject: Re: NetBSD restore CD 1.6.1 step
To: Alex Nee <hard__ware@dynamicaccess.biz>
From: Randy Carpenter <rcarpen@rune.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/25/2003 09:42:57
This is probably along the same lines as mu questions about ipf and
gateway routing. The kernel needs to be recompiled with the proper
options.

I think it would be a good idea for the restore CD to install a kernel
with as much stuff turned on as possible. This would allow someone to
install or upgrade quickly, and get it back into service. One could then
recompile the kernel, while running, to disable unneeded options so as to
optimize performance.

-Randy