Subject: Here they come...
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Mind <mindphunked@yahoo.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/15/2003 14:55:48
Hey all,

My Qube page (http://shon.org/qube) just got posted on
Slashdot.org. The amount of interest, and the amount
of traffic generated was amazing.

Also, in a humorous side effect, the price of Qubes on
ebay seems to have shot up drastically! I suspect
we'll soon start seeing a few more questions on this
list. ;)

Also, since my bandwidth is so ridiculously expensive
at Exodus I had to move the Qube page back home, where
the bandwidth is cheap. So my Qube has been getting
"slashdotted" all day.. my SDSL is saturated at about
1.5Mbps average. But the good news is the Qube is
weathering the storm quite well! It's a pretty sturdy
little bugger considering it's served about 220,000
pages in the last 12 hours. Plus it's still pulling
it's normal duties.. streaming mp3's and video
throughout the house on a continual basis.

I'm pretty pleased. Thanks again to the NetBSD team
and all of the people on this list.

-Shon
http://shon.org/qube