Subject: RE: Is the restore CD bootable
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: None <antonin.fabicovic@olympo.cz>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/13/2003 09:26:13
Hi,

you have to burn the image via menu recorder -> burn image... (this is =
very straignt process without any "bootable options")  not using a "cre=
ate
new bootable CD" option from file menu.

|--------+---------------------------->
|        |          "Daniel Ouellet"  |
|        |          <daniel@presscom.n|
|        |          et>               |
|        |          Odeslal:          |
|        |          port-cobalt-owner@|
|        |          NetBSD.org        |
|        |                            |
|        |                            |
|        |          13.11.2003 03:21  |
|        |                            |
|--------+---------------------------->
----------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                    =
                                                                |
  |      Komu:   <IN@workingsolutions.com>                             =
                                                                |
  |      Kopie:  <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>                              =
                                                                |
  |      P=F8edm=ECt:     RE: Is the restore CD bootable               =
                                                                    |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
----------------------------------------------------------------|

The ISO is good to go as long as your writer will/can use a CD image.

Example, my first time when I grab the 1.6.1 instead of the previous 1.=
6. I
was so happy to upgrade that I did it so quick and simply copy the file=
my CD and not tell my Roxio Easy CD Creator to burn it using a CD image=
.
So,
the first CD I got was only the files, but not bootable, but that was m=
mistake. So, I took one more slice of pizza, an other beer, put that cd=
 in
the trash, install an other blank cd in my burner and this time select =
from
the menu the "Record CD from CD Image" and that was it.

Then reboot my laptop using the new CD and install NetBSD before I fini=
sh
my
pizza.

So, yes it is all that you need as long as your software can use CD Ima=
ge
files, not barely copying files to CD.

Hope this help you.

Daniel