Subject: netatalk is stable on my cube
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Mattes <f.mattes@ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/15/2003 17:03:23
Dear list members,

I thought the following observation might be from some use, for
people who are using netatalk on the cube. In the past, I had the
problem, that either the apple talk server - or worse the cube hangs
when uploading / downloading either many files or large files (> 600
Mbyte). I think the problem has something to do with the
-timeout option in afpd.conf file.
This file is not configured after the basic install. I have increased
the -timeout option to 200 (=100 min), so my configuration looks like:

- -transall -uamlist uams_clrtxt.so,uams_dhx.so -nosavepassword -timeout 200

Since I did this changes I was able to transfer >4 Gbyte without
crash, however still relative slow (1 Mbyte/sec), compared to 10
Mbyte/s between two G4s

Yours

Frank