Subject: Re: cobalt hangs , with the console 'db>' (not related to netatalk)
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/12/2003 04:29:23
Frank Mattes wrote:
> My cobalt was now running for 48 hours, and when I came back I
> couldn't log in by ssh and the console showed
> just
> db>

It means you've been dumped to the kernel debugger.  That could have
happened because the kernel decided to suck some mud, or it could have
happened because of an errant break on your serial cable - which I've
seen happen before with sketchy wiring, or sketchy client hardware
(and also some terminal gear upon reset).  If the box fell over and
kicked you into debug mode you might as well post the backtrace to the
list (obtained with 'bt' iirc), if its just an errant break then
continue running with 'c'.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing