Subject: Re: Several Newcomer Questions
To: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
From: lasse <xlarge@frontdesign.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 09/16/2003 22:33:44
Put a resistor in line with one of the wires to the fan, if youre not
running 2 drives you'll make do with a fan on 7v...
Or even better, put a potentiometer inline and you'll be able to adjust
the fans rpm to what you think is needed and wanted.

I've read about a guy who disconnected his fan in the q2 altogether,
although i won't recommend it =)

I've inspected the case, and... one COULD maybe fit a 12cm thin fan in the
top of the case and running it on slow voltage, it would move more air
than that itsy bitsy original fan but be much more quiet.

If i'm going to keep my q2 i'll probably mod it to quitness and fix
pictures and facts instead of rants and guesses
(i'm obsessed... i'm running watercoold i386 (>25db) ;)

Take care
//lasse