Subject: Re: Several Newcomer Questions
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 09/16/2003 13:10:05
> 6) Has anybody experiences with making the Qube more
> quite? At the moment mine is very loud.

I cut away the fan guard on my qube2 (its just stamped out of the
case) to open up the air flow a bit and hopefully lower the resonant
frequency.  Did it work?  I have no idea, too much other noisy shit in
the same room. <g>  In theory it should though, so I suppose its
something to think about if you figure out the noise is the fan's
fault.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"I was in love once -- a Sinclair ZX-81.  People said, "No, Holly,