Subject: raq1 installation from recovery-cd
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Boris Ruppert <bobo@sideburns.dyndns.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/06/2003 10:44:32
hi everybody,

yesterday i tried to install a friend's cobalt raq1 with the recovery-cd.
the installation hangs, the last thing i see is "starting local daemons"

the instructions provided with the recovery cd are not very helpful in my
opinion, so just inserted the cd bootet my pc with it and turned on the raq.
i did not modify the disk manually, does the cd require a netbsd prepared disk ?

here's what i get from the serial console (only the last lines):

nfs_boot: DHCP next-server: 10.0.0.254
nfs_boot: my_domain=mfg.cobaltmicro.com                                        nfs_boot: my_addr=10.0.0.160
nfs_boot: my_mask=255.0.0.0
root on 10.0.0.254:/nfsroot
warning: no /dev/console
init: Creating mfs /dev
Wed Aug  6 01:32:49 GMT 2003                                                   Starting file system checks:
cd: can't cd to /var/run
Coming up: fixing /var...
umount: /dev: Device busy
Coming up: fixing /dev...                                                      Preparing the installation...
Setting tty flags.
Setting sysctl variables:                                                      Starting network.
Hostname: client
Configuring network interfaces:.
Building databases...
kvm_mkdb: machdep.booted_kernel: the value is not available: No such file or   +directory
Mounting all filesystems...
Checking quotas: done.
Setting securelevel: kern.securelevel: 0 -> 1
/etc/rc: WARNING: No swap space configured!
starting local daemons:

Hope anyone can help me,

thanks in advance.

Bobo