Subject: Stability Issues
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Meinzer <jason.meinzer@reed.edu>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/31/2003 10:51:01
Hi,

By reading the archives of this list and using that fabulous 1.6NODMA
CD, I've managed to get NetBSD running on my RaQ1.  However, the system
doesn't seem to like to run for very long before it hangs.  So far I've
seen it hang in a state where the disk activity light stays on (but I
don't hear the disk doing anything).  The last couple times, it's
simply stopped accepting ssh connections, though I was able to get a
'db>' prompt at the serial console.  Typing reboot from there produced
the following:

db> reboot
syncing disks... trap: TLB miss (load or instr. fetch) in kernel mode
status=0xff02, cause=0xac08, epc=0x800e995c, vaddr=0x0
curproc == NULL ksp=0xc330f788
Stopped at      0x800e995c:     lw      v1,264(a0)

The second time I tried it, the machine rebooted.  I also see this in
the dmesg on startup:

kvm_mkdb: machdep.booted_kernel: the value is not available: No such
file or dir
ectory

and this is always the last thing in /var/log/messages:

pmap_unwire: wiring for pmap 0x80381100 va 0x10014000 didn't change!

Any ideas?  Is anyone else seeing any or all of these messages?

Thanks,
Jason