Subject: Re: Interested in Qube 2
To: Christian von Kleist <cvk@zybx.com>
From: Stephane Matis <petergun@coffeehaus.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/21/2003 10:23:39
On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 09:40 AM, Christian von Kleist wrote:

>      I'm a computer science student at the University of Florida and
> I'm
> very interested in the Qube 2's MIPS processor (I recently finished a
> class on MIPS assembler).  I've been running NetBSD for about three
> years, but I've only been running it on non-i386 hardware since
> January when I bought a Digital Personal Workstation 500a (Alpha
> 21164 cpu).  Having gained some experience with the Alpha, I'd like
> to expand my architectural horizons again with the Qube 2.  :)
>
>      I'm interested in buying a Qube 2 on eBay and I'm wondering what I
> should expect to pay.  What is a good way to find a Qube 2 and about
> how much might it cost?

Hard to say.  I have seen RaQ2s going for about 300$ and Qube2's a
little less.

I actually have a RaQ2s (with SCSI) and a Qube 2700WG, both now
gathering dust as I cannot get either to remain stable under load in
NetBSD.  I had very high hopes to get the RaQ2 to act as PPPoE router,
yet I cannot get that part of the kernel to stabilize and I have
Interrupt issues with the network cards themselves.  Too bad.  You want
a go at it ?

Stephane