Subject: Re: help with new hardrive
To: Frank Mattes <f.mattes@ucl.ac.uk>
From: Hans Van Der Linde <Hans.Vanderlinde@Sun.COM>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/18/2003 11:43:34
Frank,

I have also upgraded my drive to a Maxtor 20 GB - 7200 rpm. Works fine.
But I needed a new (enhanced) IDE flatcable to make it work. The old one, it is just for an old IDE disk.

Also be aware of the power consumption of the Harddisk cooler. The PSU is not that good of an Qube. In other words, take a good look on the total power consumption.
Also upgrading the internal Fan is dangerous. This all, I have been told by a collegeau of mine( Cobalt - Sun Microsystems)

Regards,
Hans

--

        ___
       /  /\
      /__/  \
     /  /\ \ \
    /__/\ \ \ \      Hans van der Linde
   /  /\ \ \ \/\     Proactive Technical Analyst
  /  / /\ \ \/ /\    Sun Microsystems Nederland B.V.
 /  / / /\  / / /\   Computerweg 1
/__/ / /  \/ / /  \  3821 AA Amersfoort (The Netherlands)
\  \  / / /\  / / /  Tel  : (+31)-33-4515762
 \__\/ / /  \/ / /   Fax  : (+31)-33-4562648
  \  \/ /\ \ \/ /    Email: hvdl@Sun.COM
    \  \ \ \ \/      url: http://sun.nl
     \  \ \ \/
      \  \  /
       \__\/

HEART is the engine of your body, but BRAIN is the engine of your life.
                    - Michael Cretu -

* * *  S U N   S  E  R  V  I  C  E  S  * * *

Submit, Update and View service tickets online:
http://www.sun.com/service/online