Subject: Re: cobalt restore CD changing diskpartition
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Dennis Chernoivanov <cdi@mawhrin.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/20/2003 18:50:20
On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 12:06:45PM +0100, Frank Mattes wrote:
> My question now if I could change the disk layout (only one patition
> for BSD) before restoring. I can mount the iso image on my desktop on
> a mac, and wondering if its possible to change the scripts that only
> one large (+ swap) partitiion is made.

 I think the following changes to nfsroot/install/scripts/install-core.sh
should do the trick:

 * In 'install()', remove 'create_var_slice' and 'create_tmp_slice' calls
 * In 'install_files()', find the line where "Fixing up /var" message is
   printed out and remove all the code starting from this line until the
   end of the function

 No guarantees, though -- never did it myself.

> I'm also wondering if the restore cd would recognize a large hardrive
> (different from 10 Gbyte) and re-size the the partition according the
> size of the drive.

 It should, I remember at least one report about successful installation onto
80G drive.

SY,
--cdi