Subject: Re: php4/mod_php and php/mysql_cleint on a qube2 install question....
To: port-cobalt@netbsd.org <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: None <admin@fossil24.dyndns.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/17/2003 22:09:52

--bound1055905792

Wayne Ringling <wayne@tbnets.com> wrote ..
> I recently converted my qube2 to netbsd using the recovery cd that was
> was created by one of the users on this list (btw thank-you it kicks
> ass).  I got apache 1.3.27 to install and running and now I am trying to
> install php4 and mysql client (i know the server doesn't run on mips
> yet).  For starters when I look on the netbsd site for the php4 file I
> onyl see ap-php-4.1.2.tgz.  When I try to add that package it fails with
> can't untar the file,  but when I untar it manually I get some of the
> normal files and a lib/httpd/mod_php-4.1.2.so (I think) files. Any ideas
> what I am doing wrong?  Secondly, I went looking for the mysql-client
> file to satisfy the php_mysql file but I can't find the mysql_client on
> the ftp server either.  Should I compile it from src?  Any Ideas
> appreciated.
>
> I am hoping to breath a little new life into this little work horse.
>
> Wayne

I can't tell you anything about installing the PHP 4 module from a binary package, because I have not tried to do it.  I have have compiled that module from the package sources several times, and I've never had a problem with it.  The MESSAGE file even tells you what mods to make to your httpd.conf file.  Kill -HUP your Apache process after making those mods to httpd.conf and you should be good to go.

I haven't tried to install any part of the MySQL package.  I have compiled Postgre from the package sources with success several times.  You need to rebuild your kernel with Postgre, because the standard kernel doesn't have some memory management stuff that PG needs.  You can find the details in the Postgre HTML docs.

HTH

--bound1055905792--