Subject: Serial module and 2700WG / restore CD
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Ray Dekens <rdekens@bigpond.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/14/2003 14:09:12
sorry for the prolonged absence guys - busy with other things.

OK finally got around to fixing up the stuff up on my serial board - now
working with the 2700WG.

So - tried to boot it off of Dennis C's restore CD - following results
Cobalt Microserver Diagnostics - 'We serve it, you surf it'
Built Mon Aug 24 14:44:00 PDT 1998

1.	LCD Test.....................PASS
2.	Controller Test..............PASS
4.	Flash Test...................PASS
5.	Bank 0.......................16M
6.	Bank 1.......................16M
7.	Bank 2.......................16M
8.	Bank 3.......................16M
9.	Serial Test..................PASS
10.	PCI Expansion Slot...........**Empty**
12.	IDE Test.....................PASS
13.	Ethernet Test................PASS
16.	RTC Test.....................PASS
Decompressing done
Decompressing -/done.
$%^$
OK, it downloads the boot kernel it appears - can see this on TCP dump etc
decompresses - tries to start and obviously no good - the last line is
actually underline , square block, upside down question mark , square block.

It appears that the 2700 fails immediately after the first load over the
netfs.

Denis - HELP

Michael - can now organise you a serial board if still desired - needs a mod
done, but obviously works.

Regards
Ray Dekens