Subject: RE: NetBSD on Qube from FreeBSD?
To: , <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Ouellet <daniel@realconnect.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/27/2003 13:09:50
Hi Phil,

Much easier then this.

Go here and get the ISO bootable CD file:

http://only.mawhrin.net/~cdi/netbsd/cobalt/image.iso.gz

1. Burn the ISO to CD.
2. Boot the CD in an i386 machine.
3. Netboot the cobalt (hold Left and Right buttons together when
powering on - status will read "Net Booting")
4. Telnet to the machine, away you go, follow the FAQ. Prepare to do the
disk partitioning several times if you've never done a BSD install
before -
keep the NetBSD Guide handy for tips.

When the Cobalt reboot you can telnet or rlogin into it at the IP

10.0.0.160 from the i386 computer you use to setup the cobalt.

I love this way. From that to finish, I get a cobalt up an running in 10
minutes and the fun part of it is that you can even enjoy a beer as the
system works for you! (:>

The first time I did the serial cable, it took me three days. In all
fairness, it was also because I never touch a NetBSD box in my life
before, so it wasn't because of the FAQ. If you read them well, it is
all there, but if you are not familiar with the stuff like I was, I
waisted some time, but that was my doing.

Try the CD and you will love it.