Subject: Re: Restore CD
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Marcel <quest@cistron.nl>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/21/2003 19:31:05
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 07:35:42PM +0100, Marcel wrote:
> >    Then I connected a crosslink between the laptop and the Network
> >    interface 1 on the cobalt and did a netboot.
> >
> >    On the LCD appears netbooting, TX/RX blinks a few times, CD spins up,
> >    LCD turns blank, and thats it...
>
>  Is there any output on Cobalt's serial console?
>
> >    Tried the second ethernet int on the cobalt, rebooted the cobalt but
> >    there is no TX/RX and LCD keeps saying
> >    netbooting.
>
>  AFAICT Cobalt netboots only over the primary interface.
>
> SY,
> --cdi

(replied before, but email handler was confused, reply came from
quest@cistron.nl with no subject.)

I checked the boot of both the laptop and the RaQ for errors, they are in
chronologic order, but not directly after each other.

laptop:

Boot device: <unknown>
Warning: No /dev/console
init: Creating mfs /dev
mount: /: unknown special file or file system
CD: Can't cd to /var/run
umount: /dev: device busy
kvm_mkbd: NetBSD: No such file or directory
/etc/rc: Warning: No swap space configured!

RaQ2+ console (tip qube):

tlp0 at PCI0 dev 7 function 0: DECchip 21143 Ethernet, pas 4.1
tlp0: Sorry, unable to handle your board
tlp1 at PCI0 dev 12 function 0: DECchip 21143 Ethernet, pas 4.1
tlp1: Sorry, unable to handle your board
Symbios Logic ( I can't recall the error, but there was one)
LCD0 at mainbus0boot device: <unknown>

It looks like some sort of hardware incompatability...

Marcel