Subject: Controlling the Qube light and other hardware adventures
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Mind <mindphunked@yahoo.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/22/2003 01:59:21
I notice when the Qube boots it flashes it's front
light on and off. Has anyone tried to control the
light? I would love to be able to turn it on and off
or have it as an HD activity indicator.

Also, does anyone know if the Qube 3 power supply is
compatible with the Qube 2? I'm concearned about
burning out my PS by running 2 drives.

BTW, if you want a quiet drive check out the Maxtor
4R120L4. It's the most silent drive I've ever had.
It's a 120GB 7200RPM drive. But the Qube reports that
it's running at 3600RPM. If that's true it may account
for the lack of noise. Could the Qube be slowing the
drive speed down?

In any case, performance is excellent! I was worried
about speed problems with streaming large files (divx
movies) from the Qube. But it pushes > 22Mbps with no
trouble, and thats using samba!

-Mind