Subject: Re: [2] NetBSD/cobalt restore CD
To: Dennis Chernoivanov <cdi@mawhrin.net>
From: Randy Carpenter <rcarpen@rune.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/21/2003 23:26:00
Tried to boot within VirtualPC ont the Mac...

The .iso boots, but could not find the root device at first, I hit enter a
few times, to accept the defaults, and it seems to have booted ok.
network device is up, and services running.  If I netboot the cobalt
(raq2), I get this on the serial console:

Decompressing  done
Jump_to_Real_Kernel: disk error, trying BFD again
BOOTLOADER DEBUG: flashdelaying...
BOOTLOADER: trying to boot from partition /dev/hda1
Decompressing  done

It hangs there.  I'm not sure if it is actually doing anything beyond
that.  I really don't want to re-install the cobalt at this point, so I
didn't let it continue.

Hope this info helps!

thanks for all the hard work on the restore cd and the lcd driver!

-Randy