Subject: NetBSD/cobalt restore CD
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Dennis Chernoivanov <cdi@mawhrin.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/21/2003 00:32:47
Hi all,

I have created a NetBSD/cobalt installation/restore CD that works pretty much
like the one provided by Cobalt, i.e. it boots NetBSD/i386 1.6 from CDROM,
configures available network interface and fires up all daemons that are
necessary for netbooting the cobalt box. The netboot environment is configured
to launch the installation which initializes cobalt's hard drive, unpacks 1.6
tarballs and reboots the system when everything is done, essentially bringing
the box into a fresh state with NetBSD 1.6 installed. The CD image can be
downloaded from

 http://only.mawhrin.net/~cdi/netbsd/cobalt/image.iso.gz [ca. 90Mb]

For curious, here is the script I have used to build the CD (tarball also
includes the kernels):

 http://only.mawhrin.net/~cdi/netbsd/cobalt/mkcd.tgz [ca. 4Mb]

Note that you must build /both/ i386 and cobalt ditros in order to use the
script.

I would highly appreciate any input on this work.

SY,
--cdi