Subject: help with adaptec scsi card 2940
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Mattes <rggefrm@ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/19/2002 11:42:18
Dear netBSD user,

I'm very new to the list and just have installed netBSD for the first time
on a Gateway cube.
I have replaced the internal PCI modem card with a adaptec scsi 2940
controller card, which is supported according the netBSD harware list.
I recompiled the kernel with the option for the scsi controller

ahc*            at pci? dev ? function ?        # Adaptec [23]94x, aic78x0 SCSI

without problems. I can boot now but got first the following error

VIA Technology VT83C572 USB controller at pcid   (to my knowlege the cube
has no USB)
ahc0: pci0 dev 10 function 0
ahc0: interrupting at irq 9
ahc0: using BIOS settings
ahc0: aic7870 panic ahc0 No SCB space found
Stopped in pic0 (swapper) at 0x30137a04 gr ra
bdslot: nop

 >db

after rebooting , this error doen't come up again, but I get
constant  writing onto the console
Parity error
and its impossible to log in .

I'm wondering if someone has bee able to compile and use a scsi card

Many thanks

Frank Mattes