Subject: Best way to install NetBSD
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Mind <mindphunked@yahoo.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/11/2002 03:05:34
Ok, So I've put my brand new 120Gig drive into my
cobalt in the hope of making it into a very cool
looking mass storage box.

My Question:

Has anybody created a disk image of the type that
Andrew Gillham mentioned in his "Can't boot from
EXT2FS problems" post? The Idea of just netbooting the
qube, dd'ing an image to the drive, rebooting and
doing the rest in BSD is pretty attractive.

If not... then what is the most painless way to
install? I think I can do the netbooting thing no
problem, and if that works, then why pre-partition the
disk in a separate linux system? I've created a 20M
linux partition on my new drive just in case... but if
you can just netboot and make the appropriate
partitions, then whats the point? Why prepare the
drive on a separate box?

Well I'm just rambling now.. so I'll just go try it
and see what happens ;)

As always, thanks for your support!

-Mind