Subject: Re: Support for different MIPS (I, II, III, IV)
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Spray <cobalt@minimal.cx>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/09/2002 08:26:34
On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 12:05:04AM +0100, Rodrigo Fernandez-Vizarra wrote:
> Hi Ian,

Hi Rodrigo,

> I compiled the lmgr with the -mips2 switch and everything compiled and
> linked right. Now I'm compiling some other dependencies to see if
> everything works.

Neat - it's not just me then :)

> So if I undestand right, the patch for postgresql to work in a Cobalt
> (MIPS) is very simple. Only add the following sentences to the existing
> netbsd template
>
> case $host_cpu in
>    cobalt*)  CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -mips2";;
> esac

Yup, that's it.  It's just a case of the default PostgreSQL install not
knowing that the Qube is capable of ll/sc instructions.  Nice to know that
the default NetBSD CFLAGS line can be left at the top - I hadn't got around
to checking that bit yet.

TTFN,
--
Ian Spray